Marcia Ensminger, MSN, CNM
While being a Midwife is my passion, when I’m not working I love spending time with my two children. We enjoy hiking and taking cruises to tropical destinations! I also enjoy running and spending time with my hairless terrier, Gaby.
- Carolina College of Health Sciences – Nursing 1996-98
- Gardner-Webb University Bachelor of Science -Nursing 2001-2003
- East Carolina University Master of Science – Midwifery 2003-05
- Mark D. Peacock, MD: Certified Nurse Midwife June 2005 – July 2009
Gaston County Health Dept:
- Certified Nurse Midwife December 2008 – July 2011
All About Women:
- Certified Nurse Midwife September 2009 – December 2011
- Natural Beginnings Birth and Wellness Center: 2012 – present
Nicole Winecoff, MSN, CNM
I love my career as a Certified Nurse Midwife and meeting wonderful families who allow me to be a part of their birth experience! When I am not at work I enjoy time with my husband and our two girls, Ashley and Hannah. We love to take family vacations and explore new places! We love to cruise with Disney! Life as a Midwife takes many hours away from my family so we make the most of vacation time!
- UNC-Greensboro Bachelor of Science-Nursing 1993-97
- East Carolina University Master of Science – Midwifery 2008-11
Experience in Labor & Delivery, Maternity, and Postpartum Care:
- Lake Norman Regional Medical Center: 2001-2011
- All About Women: August – December 2011
- Natural Beginnings Birth and Wellness Center: 2012 to present
Tiffany Thompson MSN, CNM
From the time I was 14, I knew that I wanted to be involved in women’s healthcare. I am honored and humbled that I get to be a part of the lives of so many incredible women whether it is during pregnancy, at a birth, or for routine gynecological care. In my spare time, I love to take adventures to new countries, participate in medical outreaches, spend time with my family and three adorable nephews, or spend time with friends exploring quaint towns and great eateries.
- UNC-Chapel Hill- Bachelor of Science Nursing 2005-2009; minor in Spanish Language
- East Carolina University Master of Science-Midwifery 2014-2017
Experience in Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, and Gynecological care
- WakeMed Hospital 2014-2017
- Women’s Birth and Wellness Center 2016-2017
- Wake County Health and Human Services 2009-2013
Jennifer Johnson, MSN, CNM, WHNP
I am passionate about empowering women through prenatal care and ensuring that all women have access to the care that they deserve.
My goal is to empower, educate and help women to make wise, intuitive choices surrounding their health.
I enjoy spending time with my husband and three children. I enjoy traveling to new places, but there’s definitely no place like home. If I’m not working you will usually find me at the soccer field cheering on my kids.
- Mitchell Community College – Nursing 1999-2002
- Gardner-Webb University Bachelor of Science -Nursing 2005-2006
- Western Governors University-2013-2014
- Frontier Nursing University Masters of Science – Midwifery 2016-2018
Amanda Harris MSN, FNP-BC
I’ve always believed in doing what enriches the soul and, for me, nothing beats the joy of helping those in need and building patient relationships. When I’m not in the office, I enjoy the simple things in life, such as spending time with my husband, Andy, and our beautiful little girl, Madison.
- Mitchell Community College: Associate of Science-Nursing 2007-2009
- Gardner Webb University: Bachelor of Science-Nursing 2009-2011
- Gardner Webb University: Masters in Science-Nursing 2013-2016
Experience in Nursing:
- Davis Regional Medical Center-Intensive Care Unit 2009-2012
- Forsyth Medical Center-Neuro Intensive Care Unit 2012-2015
- Davis Regional Medical Center-Intensive Care Unit/Emergency Department 2015-2016
- Natural Beginnings Birth & Wellness Center 2016-present
Susie Hiatt, IBCLC, BS Nutrition
Susie is from Mt. Airy, NC. She has been married for 20 years. She has two children, 17 and 15 years old. She graduated from ECU with a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition and has been a Lactation Consultant for 10 years. She has also recently become a Doula and is very excited to start this new chapter in her life.
Assistant Office Manager
Nicole is an outstanding midwife. She is knowledgeable, kind-hearted, understanding and easy to talk to. With her help and encouragement I was able to give birth naturally. My "birth" day was better than I imagined and I am grateful for such an awesome midwife. I will come back to Nicole EVERY time!
- Bobbie Garland, RN